Difference between HTML and HTML5
- Stands for HyperText Markup Language.
- It is the standard for creating web pages.
- Defines the meaning and structure of web content using tags.
- Types of web content include headings, paragraph, image, etc.
- Has different versions, the latest one being HTML5.
- Latest version of HTML.
- Added new semantic tags like main, header, footer, audio, video, etc.
- Added new form controls like url, email, search, tel, range, color, etc.
- Added new APIs for geolocation, drag and drop, storage options, etc.
- Removed tags deprecated in HTML 4.01.